The article doesn’t make the connection but one has to wonder if the ‘media manufactured racism’ in the Trayvon Martin death played a part in this senseless attack.
Eric Holder will probably come up with an operation to get guns into the hands of these gangs so they don’t have to resort to knives.
Father, 56, fighting for life after being stabbed trying to shield dying son from frenzied attack by hoodie gang outside pub after Chelsea match
- 20 hooded youths stormed pub with knives 'like a pack of wolves'
- Bernard Fitzpatrick is critical after acting as a human shield when son Luke, 25, was dragged away then stabbed to death in the street
- Gang attacked after Champions League final in scenes 'like something out of a horror film'
- Youths were known troublemakers - 'at 17 why have they got knives? it's disgusting' says one witness
- 'He had never done a bad thing in his life but he can’t even go to the pub with his dad and have a pint without getting murdered', says friend
- 'Bad things happen to good people. None of the scumbags who did this could ever live up to our friend.'
By Chris Hanlon
Senseless: 'True gent' Luke Fitzpatrick was stabbed to death after a hooded gang stormed a north london pub on Saturday
A gang of 20 hooded youths stormed a pub after the Champions League final before dragging away a 25-year old man and stabbing him to death in scenes 'like a horror film', friends said today.
'True gent' Luke Fitzpatrick was killed and his father Bernard, who threw himself on top of his son in a desperate attempt to shield him, remains in a critical condition in hospital after being stabbed four times.
The pair were attacked when a gang armed with bats and knives stormed the north London pub after father and son had watched Chelsea win the cup together at on Saturday.
A forensic tent remained at the scene of the tragedy just yards from the pub near his Dollis Hill home.
Friend Katy McKeon, 22, who has known him growing up, said: 'Luke was one of the nicest guys around, always looking after people, he actually cared about people, a really nice, funny guy.
'The amount of flowers that are here just shows how loved he was, this has ruined this community.
'I was there on Saturday and it was like something out of a horror film.
'There were about 20 young black guys all with their hoods up armed with sticks and bats and knives. They just ran in the pub and started trying to attack people.
'It was really frightening. But it should not have happened to Luke, it shouldn’t have happened to anyone, but he was a complete innocent.'
His mother Constance, 56, and brother Ryan, 21, were in Majorca and had to rush home.
Bernard, 56, is out of intensive care and has mumbled a few words but is not fully conscious, Miss McKeon said.