seconds: Million 0.0328 years; Billion 31.7 years; Trillion 31,710 years


Visit USADebtClock.com to learn more!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hey ‘Blabbermouth’ Wasserman, the Secret Service agents are Ted Nugent’s friends

This is great, another example of the rabid left overreaching to try and foment another contrived controversy as the did with the phony Republican war on women and deriding Ann Romney for choosing to be a stay at home mom.

Nugent: Secret Service was with me at NRA

  • Rocker tells leftists to 'call 1-800-NUMBNUT'
by Joe Kovacs

ted-nugent-hat

Rock legend Ted Nugent is apparently not fretting over his expected discussion Thursday with the U.S. Secret Service over comments some leftists believe amount to a threat on President Obama’s life, possibly because agents of that agency attended the event at which he spoke.

“I will be polite and supportive as I possibly can be, which will be thoroughly,” Nugent told Glenn Beck today.

Nugent, best known musically for his hit “Cat Scratch Fever,” sparked an uproar on the political left after addressing the National Rifle Association in St. Louis over the weekend.

He told the NRA “if Barack Obama becomes the president in November, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year.”

“Guess who was there with me [at the NRA],” Nugent later told radio host Dana Loesch. “Heroes of the Secret Service and the FBI and the ATF and the federal marshals – law-enforcement and military heroes from every imaginable agency who believe in the Second Amendment and the First Amendment, and I’m using both of ‘em.”

The 1970s guitarist who has since become a champion for American gun rights says he’s very friendly with members of the Secret Service in particular.

“The Secret Service are my buddies,” Nugent told Loesch.

“They work for me. I pay their salaries, and I mean that seriously. But also, I train with the Secret Service. I conduct federal marshal raids here in Texas. So I rely on these heroes of the federal agencies to save my life during these raids on fugitive felons. I know a lot of people don’t know that, but I’m very active in law enforcement. So when you say Secret Service, all I can do is get a big grin on my face and realize that we’ll either be shooting some taxpayer ammo at targets or we’ll be eating barbecue.”

DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz ripped Nugent’s comments, saying, “Mitt Romney surrogate Ted Nugent made offensive comments about President Obama and November’s elections this weekend that are despicable, deplorable and completely beyond the pale.”

“We have more than 200 days to go in this election,” she added. “If the GOP and Romney are willing to accept this kind of rhetoric at this stage of the campaign, I can’t imagine what they’ll accept in September and October.”

Nugent responded by calling her a “brain-dead, soulless, heartless idiot,” and her remarks merely encouraged him to stand stronger.

“This is the Saul Alinsky ‘Rules for Radicals’ playbook,” Nugent said. “The Nazis and the Klan hate me. See, I’m a black Jew at a Nazi-Klan rally, and there are some power-abusing corrupt monsters in our federal government that despise me because I have the audacity to speak the truth to identify the violations of our government, particularly Eric Holder and the president and Tim Geithner, ad nauseam. And I spoke at the NRA and I will stand by my speech. It was 100 percent positive.

“It’s about ‘We the People’ taking back our American dream from the corrupt monsters in the federal government under this administration and the communist czars he’s appointed. And if anybody has a problem with that, call 1-800-NUMBNUT and [leftist filmmaker] Michael Moore will try to explain it to you as he searches for soap.”

Audio of Nugent on Dana Loesch’s radio show can beard here:

Sen. James Inhofe, R-Okla., came to Nugent’s defense on CNN this morning: “What he’s saying, I can’t figure out what people are talking about. He’s talking about him, that Ted himself would either be dead or in jail. Now how does that relate to the president? I have a real hard time putting that together. If you want to see how you can be abused, read my book, “The Greatest Hoax,” and see what Bobby Kennedy – you know he wanted to hang me for treason, and so if you want to see some real threats, you can see that. I don’t know what they’re talking about.”

Rush Limbaugh, the most-listened-to radio host in the nation, also chimed in on the case today.

“Has the Secret Service said that they want to talk to Reverend [Louis] Farrakhan? Reverend Farrakhan said that the leaders were gonna start dying pretty soon here if they didn’t shape up, right? Something like that. And how about Jimmy Hoffa Jr.? ‘Let’s take those SOBs out.’ Except he said the words SOBs instead of the initials.”

WND reader Mary Gill echoed Limbaugh’s line of thought, saying, “I would like to know where Ms. Wasserman Schultz and the Secret Service were when House Democratic Rep. Chuck Kruger suggested on his Twitter account that former VP Dick Cheney be executed. … Freedom of speech one-sided now?”

Another reader, Belle Tilley, said she didn’t see Nugent’s remarks as a threat in any way.

“I got that he’d be in jail because the monsters in Washington would put him there or they’d find a way to do him in,” Tilley said. “Is it his fault they don’t understand English?”

And reader Kathleen Walsh was intrigued by the WND headline when the controversy initially erupted, “Ted Nugent fires back at Secret Service probe.”

“Fires back? Interesting choice of words,” Walsh wrote. “So, do you think Nugent is an all-right guy? That his violent and hateful speech/actions are worthy of an American? Do you? Hello, is anyone who is thinking straight among you [sic]?”

No comments:

Post a Comment