seconds: Million 0.0328 years; Billion 31.7 years; Trillion 31,710 years


Visit USADebtClock.com to learn more!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Why Weiner isn’t resigning, 1. he’s a Democrat, 2. Clinton didn’t

Democrats don’t often resign from scandals anyway and he’s drawing inspiration from Bill Clinton, if Clinton could ride it out after his tawdry acts were exposed…

Weiner says he has no plans to resign following sexting scandal

By KEVIN FASICK and CLEMENTE LISI

A defiant Rep. Anthony Weiner said today that he's not resigning.

In an exclusive interview with The Post, Weiner, 46, said the sexting scandal that has plagued him for the past week is not reason enough to give up his House seat.

"I'm not," Weiner said when asked by a Post reporter whether he planned to resign.

Rep. Anthony Weiner stops by his lawyer's office in Rockefeller Center today.

Dan Brinzac

Rep. Anthony Weiner stops by his lawyer's office in Rockefeller Center today.

Weiner also said he planned to get back to work after spending Wednesday holed up in his Forest Hills home.

"I'm going to get back to work as best I can," he said.

"I betrayed a lot of people and I know it and I'm trying to get back to work now and try to make amends to my constituents, and of course to my family of course," he added. "I'm going to go back to my community office and try to get some work done."

Weiner reiterated what he told the media earlier this week.

"As I said when I spoke at the press conference on Monday that I exchanged inappropriate things with people and, I think that I've now got to deal with those consequences," he added.

"I was completely honest on Monday after I hadn't been for a while," Weiner said outside his lawyer's office in Midtown.

Many fellow Democratic lawmakers have called on Weiner to resign in the wake of the scandal.

His comments come just days after Weiner admitted that he'd spent the past three years sending and receiving dirty online chat messages from six women.

Some of those sessions included the exchange of X-rated photos -- including one featuring Weiner's penis -- and lewd messages.

Some of the X-rated online chat sessions, Weiner said, took place after his marriage last July to Huma Abedin, an aide to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Since Weiner's admission, five women have emerged, detailing how they friended the congressman on Facebook and carried on dirty chat sessions with him.

Friends also said Abedin is 10 weeks pregnant and that the couple is looking to repair their marriage.

"Conversations between my wife and me are private, but you know, she's bearing up well and she's back at work and she's doing a great job," he said.

Asked if his wife was having a boy or girl, Weiner said, "I have no comment on that. See you soon."

No comments:

Post a Comment