seconds: Million 0.0328 years; Billion 31.7 years; Trillion 31,710 years


Visit USADebtClock.com to learn more!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Obama went deeply devout for last week's National Prayer Breakfast, and offered for sale some beachfront property in Nevada

What a load of bull!

Obama invokes religious themes as 2012 campaign nears

WASHINGTON, DC - FEBRUARY 04: U.S. President Barack Obama speaks during a joint press availability with Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper February 4, 2011 in the South Court Auditorium of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building of the White House in Washington, DC.

President Obama inhabits a largely secular presidency, rarely blending his religious beliefs with his public duties, and spending more Sundays shooting hoops than going to church. So it was a notable shift when Obama went deeply devout for last week's National Prayer Breakfast, telling attendees the role daily prayer plays in his life.

"When I wake in the morning, I wait on the Lord, and I ask Him to give me the strength to do right by our country and its people," Obama said. "And when I go to bed at night, I wait on the Lord, and I ask Him to forgive me my sins, and look after my family and the American people, and make me an instrument of His will."

A cynical interpretation would note Obama's intensely religious rhetoric -- even for a prayerful event -- coincides with the unofficial start of the presidential campaign season.

At the same time, Obama talked frankly about his family's "certain skepticism" about organized religion, and noted his father was "a nonbeliever." Obama's own path to religion was through the civil rights movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment