seconds: Million 0.0328 years; Billion 31.7 years; Trillion 31,710 years


Visit USADebtClock.com to learn more!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

10.30 pm, Nov 9, 1989 The Fall of the Berlin Wall

From jungle to desert fatigues

I was in the USAF, stationed at Shaw AFB, SC from 1983 through 1989. When I got to Shaw, our defense posture was oriented towards the USSR. Our BDU’s were green and brown ‘woodland’ pattern camouflaged fatigues.

I’m not sure when, during this tour, that we switched to desert fatigues but it was well before the ‘wall’ fell, probably somewhere in the middle of the tour. I don’t remember thinking much about it at the time. However, I do remember marveling at the foresight our leaders had after the ‘wall’ came down and the USSR disintegrated.

If you remember when this change took place, from jungle to desert, please post a comment, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment