By Dianna C. Cotter
Today there is no American news outlet factually covering the illegal actions of the sitting President of the United States in context. Nor is there one consistently exposing the laws his administration has flagrantly broken, though this corruption now demonstrably permeates every level of the federal system.
Attorneys General Tom Horne, Arizona; Pam Bondi, Florida; Sam Olens, Georgia; Bill Schuette, Michigan; Scott Pruitt, Oklahoma; Marty Jackley, South Dakota; Alan Wilson, South Carolina; Greg Abbott, Texas; and Ken Cuccinelli of Virginia produced a joint memo on March 5th, 2012 detailing 21 blatant violations of law committed by the Obama administration.
By now it is unsurprising the media has by and large ignored this announcement though AG Cuccinelli did appear in an extended segment with CSPAN (the relevant segment can be found here) on March 18th.
Fortunately, The Tea Party Tribune published the Attorney's General memo, "A Report on Obama Administration Violations of Law" in full the same day it was released. It is nothing short of a flashing legal headline story, yet cannot be found at the Washington Post or the New York Times.
"Whether it is through the EPA, NLRB, Office of Surface Mining, FCC or other entities, the Obama Administration has aggressively used administrative agencies to implement policy objectives that cannot gain congressional approval and are outside of the law." - A Report on Obama Administration Violations of Law
An abbreviated list of broken laws includes:
- PPACA (Obamacare): Individual Mandate; To be heard by Supreme Court of the United States in March
- FCC: Regulation of the Internet in the face of a court order from Circuit Court of Appeals for Washington D.C. stating that the FCC does not have the power to regulate the Internet
- EPA 1: GHG (Green House Gas) lawsuit; EPA's own Inspector General reported last September that EPA failed to comply with its own data standards; Heard in Circuit Court of Appeals for Washington D.C. in February
- OSM: Attempting to impose regulatory requirements on the 19 states with authority for exclusive regulation of their coalmines for the first time in more than 30 years
- DOJ: South Carolina & Voting Rights Act: Rejecting voter ID statutes that are similar to those already approved by the Supreme Court of the United States; DOJ ignored section 8 of the Voting Rights Act which calls for protections against voter fraud, and used section 5 to administratively block measures to protect the integrity of elections passed by state legislatures in preclearance states including South Carolina; South Carolina voter ID law merely requires a voter to show photo identification in order to vote or to complete an affidavit at the pain of perjury if the voter does not have a photo ID
- DOJ: Arizona & Voting Rights Act: Rejecting voter ID statutes that are similar to those already approved by the Supreme Court of the United States
- DOE: Yucca Mountain; In 2009, Administration arbitrarily broke federal law and derailed the most studied energy project in American history when DOE announced intent to withdraw 8,000 page Yucca Mountain licensing application with prejudice.
14 more violations of law are listed in the AG's memo. At one time or another, many of these violations have made the news, yet the full list is never presented to the public. When complied, it is apparent even at a glance, that the federal government as led by Barack Obama has no respect for law. Clearly the Obama government is acting as it deems fit. Much as a monarchy would. As if the States did not exist. As if the Constitution of the United States did not apply.
Indeed, when it comes to Obama and his government, the constitution is a barrier to be removed. As Obama stated in a 2001 interview with NPR, "generally the constitution is a charter of negative liberties,". Undeniably, the Constitution limits government negatively, it states what it cannot do. From the point of view of someone attempting expand government powers beyond that which the constitution limits it to, it is extraordinarily negatively limiting. It was designed that way. It is the keystone, the cornerstone, the foundation of a free people; one freed and protected from government tyranny.
The M-1/A-2 tank in the room
If more evidence were needed to delineate the obvious disrespect coming from the Oval Office for the Law, on Monday, April 2nd 2012 President Barack Obama attempted to erase 200 years of legal history, stating in a press conference with world leaders, that the law codified in the Supreme Court Case Marbury v. Madison (5 U.S. 137) 1803 is not valid: