seconds: Million 0.0328 years; Billion 31.7 years; Trillion 31,710 years


Visit USADebtClock.com to learn more!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Stimulus: Still Not Working!

Flashback: Biden at Forum: ‘We’ve Got To Spend Money To Keep From Going Bankrupt’; It's Not News at AP


Unbelievably, the administration and its allies keep insisting that a failed policy was a success.

Imagine that I break my arm, but instead of getting a cast I take a big shot of morphine. The drug will make me feel better, but it won’t fix my arm. When the effect wears off, the pain will come back. And instead of being restored to their proper position, my bones will remain out of place, perhaps solidifying there, which will surely mean chronic pain in the long run.

Stimulus spending is like morphine. It might feel good in the short term for the beneficiaries of the money, but it doesn’t help repair the economy. And it causes more damage if it gets in the way of a proper recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment