seconds: Million 0.0328 years; Billion 31.7 years; Trillion 31,710 years


Visit USADebtClock.com to learn more!

Monday, June 6, 2011

Weiner the weasel refuses to resign after lewd behavior finally admitted

Anthony Weiner Admits Posting Lewd Pictures To Twitter And Making ‘Terrible Mistakes’

June 6, 2011 4:18 PM

Photo Posted On BigGovernment.com Allegedly Of Shirtless Rep. Anthony Weiner (credit: Biggovernment.com)

Photo Posted On BigGovernment.com Allegedly Of Shirtless Rep. Anthony Weiner (credit: Biggovernment.com)

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Embattled Rep. Anthony Weiner admitted to posting lewd photos of himself on Twitter at a Monday afternoon press conference.

During a press conference at the Sheraton Hotel in Midtown Manhattan, Weiner made the following statement: “Last Friday night I tweeted a photograph of myself that I intended to send as direct message as part of a joke to a woman in seattle. Once I realized I posted it to Twitter, I panicked, I took it down and said that I had been hacked. I then continued with that story to stick to that story which was a hugely regrettable mistake.”

“I am so sorry to have disrupted her life in this way. To be clear, the picture was of me and I sent it. I am deeply sorry for the pain this has caused my wife Huma and our family, and my constituents, my friends, supporters and staff. In addition over the past few years I have engaged in several inappropriate conversations conducted over Twitter, Facebook, email, and occasionally on the phone with women I have met online. I have exchanged messages and photos of an explicit nature with aobut six women over the last three years. For the most part, these communications took place before my marriage, though some have sadly took place after. To be clear, I have never met any of these women or have had any physical relationships at any time.”

Weiner also said he would not resign and that he did not believe that he did anything that broke the law. Weiner said it was a mistake but that he was trying to protect his wife. “This was a mistake and I am very sorry for it and take it very seriously. When asked if he would split from his wife, Weiner said he loved his wife very much and that they would not split. “I love my wife very much.”

He also said he did not see any of the photos that were posted Monday on BigGovernment.com but admitted that he did have inappropriate conversations with various women.

Earlier conservative author Andrew Breitbart posted two pictures of Weiner on his website BigGovernment.com, which Breitbart claimed were emailed to a young woman he declined to identify.

Breitbart said the photographs were sent to the woman from Weiner’s AOL email account via his BlackBerry on May 4. Speaking at a news conference in Midtown, Breitbart said “everything we’re reported about this story has been true.”

Weiner came under fire last week for a suggestive photo sent from his Twitter account of a man in grey underwear to a 21-year-old woman.

Before speaking to the media today, the congressman adamantly denied that he sent the photo and claims he was the victim of a prank.

The “crotch” photo was first reported Saturday by BigGovernment.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment